It was the first church which established in Heliopolis in cairo.
It is located near the Cleopatra hospital. It was started to be established in 1917.
The cornerstone was founded in 1922 under the papcy of pope Cyril V. there are only ten priests whom serve saint mark’s church.
To build this church some of lands were buying and opened by pope Cyril VI and altar was consecrated.