Located on the shores of the Gulf of Aqaba, 65 km away from Nuweiba, the small town of Taba is growing to become a hot location on the tourist map with its casino, and numerous interesting dive sites.
- The Amazing Underwater: While diving in Taba waters, you can expect to encounter tuna, eagle rays, dolphins, turtles and some mixed varieties of shark.
- The Desert: Taba is a perfect destination for those who want to explore the Sinai Desert. Experience unique desert nights under the starry sky, camel rides in the barren landscape and Bedouin dining in the desert nearby. All these trips can be arranged through your hotel or tour operator.
- Water Activities: In Taba you can indulge in almost any water sports or activity you might think of, from glass boat rides, snorkeling and banana boats to diving, para-sailing and water skiing.
- Culture Vultures: Don't forget to pay a visit to Taba Museum, it is a small museum composed of 3 halls housing over 700 artefacts depicting the life of the people of South Sinai. The museum is open daily from 9 am to 4 pm. Entrance fee: 16 EGP.
- Shopping: Be sure to pick-up a souvenir from Taba from one of the many souvenir stores located in the different hotels: you'll find cotton products, silver jewelery and carpets.
- Food: Taba’s greatest dining options are hidden in its resorts and hotels, where restaurants serve a wide variety of international cuisine staples. Also not to be missed is Castle Zaman, the medieval-like castle housing a well-appointed bar and an upscale restaurant specialized in feasts of grilled meats.
Facts About: Taba
|Area Code : 69
||Distance to Sharm : 235 km
||Airport Inauguration : 2000
||Distance to Cairo : 720 km